Important Note: Remember to consult a physician prior to beginning a new exercise program!
- Stretch: Standing Quadriceps Stretch
- Target Area: Rectus Femoris
- Other Areas:
- Stand and touch wall or stationary object for balance. Grasp top ankle or forefoot behind. Pull ankle or forefoot to rear end.
- Straighten hip by moving knee backward. Hold stretch for 20 seconds. Repeat with opposite side.
- During stretch, do not allow knee to flare outward to the side. If knee is not completely flexed Iliopsoas may be stretched, and quadriceps will not be stretched significantly.
Used with permission from ExRx.net. For more information and products (books, videos, etc.) regarding Fitness, Stretching and Building Strength, please visit their website today.