TargetShooting Canada

Re: moving from Texas to Canada ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike ( on November 11, 2016 at 12:27:51:

In Reply to: moving from Texas to Canada ... posted by Stephen Hansen on November 09, 2016 at 18:06:00:


Don't feel bad about Trump... we elected an art-teacher in our last election.

As long as your handguns have a barrel length over 4", you should be able to import them into Canada, just like your AR.

Please note, these would be "range only" firearms.
In this part of the world, they are "restricted" firearms.
- Can only be used on government approved ranges.
- You need a transport permit (gov. issued) to take to and from the range.
- You can only sell/lend them to people after getting government approval.
- You're handgun magazines will need to be plugged to 10rds (5rds for the rifles)... otherwise you'll end up in jail.

Also, you'll not only be loosing a little liberty by moving to Canada. Expect to give up 30%-40% of your income in tax... and sales tax in most provinces are 3x the amount you'd pay in Texas.

Good luck,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes


Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive