TargetShooting Canada

Re: Rifle import to Canada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James Jones ( on September 01, 2014 at 10:05:18:

In Reply to: Rifle import to Canada posted by Harry Stuber on September 13, 2013 at 07:35:23:

: Is anybody know the law about importing Air-Competion Rifles / pistoles to Canada? Also 22lr competion rifles / pistoles?
: I have access to some of the best of them due to closure of some clubs over here in Germany.

: Is there any interesst in it at all?

: Thanks
: Harry

I am not sure about the air operated guns and I would have to check if there is a restriction or not and if so which agency handles it. As for importing you need to be registered and have a import permit and you are supposed to be license from the CFO to import Firearms.

When it comes to firearms they fall under ITAR and you can not import directly from the USA. Only a resident Company or FFL can export firearms. I is better to use someone in Canada import it for you. There is a permit cost that must be paid to the US State Department by the exporter which you will pay for, it varies from 300.00 plus 5% to 375.00 US dollars. If you require a Canadian importer I am licensed to import firearms Restricted and Non-Restricted.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes


Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive