TargetShooting Canada

Canada takes Silver Medal at the 47th CISM Shooting Championships in China

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (24.246.44.254) on December 10, 2012 at 21:07:49:

Canada takes Silver Medal at the 47th CISM World Military Shooting Championships in Guangzhou, China.

On Dec. 5, 2012, while competing against the world’s finest military shooters, MCpl Pat Boulay, of the 21st Electronic Warfare Regiment in Kingston, ON, won the Silver Medal in the Individual Women's 25 metre Pistol event. She posted an impressive score of 583-17x, out of a possible 600 points. China and Poland took Gold and Bronze respectively.

CISM stands for the Conseil International du Sport Militaire, or in English: International Military Sports Council. Almost every year, the CISM World Shooting Championships are held for both rifle and pistol. This year, over 400 military athletes and coaches from across the globe, representing over 35 countries, competed in the event. These athletes include Olympians and ISSF World Cup medalists, who hold military roles which allow them to train full-time year-round.

MCpl Boulay had the following thoughts on her performance: "I've been working on this medal since starting with the Canadian Forces CISM Pistol Team in 1994. The support of the Canadian Forces has helped me achieve this medal and prepare me for similar civilian events. I hope that this achievement energises Canadian shooters and shows that we can compete and medal on the world stage."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive