TargetShooting Canada

Re: Competitive Shooting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (24.246.44.254) on August 15, 2012 at 21:50:59:

In Reply to: Competitive Shooting posted by Shaun on August 15, 2012 at 19:59:25:

Unfortunately, there isn't one answer to that question. For development of multiple competitive athletes across several events, you need an integrated, coordinated system from the club through national levels. Right now, that doesn't exist.

Some provinces are doing better than others, although I fear that none are doing it well in all disciplines. As a result, individual success is being achieved; but, as a nation, we aren't producing the volume needed to send multiple athletes to the Olympics. We have the talent; but, not the level of coordinated support to harness them.

We also need to be identifying and developing new talent. We have some good shooters, but we need to expand our talent base. New talent helps motivate existing athletes. Competent athletes who aren't training to their potential get replaced. The program grows. Making the National Team starts to mean more.

In short, we have met the minimum requirements to support the base program. We need more of everything across the board, in order to achieve more.

There are several good ranges in and around Toronto. Some that I am most familiar with are Ajax Rod and Gun, Estonia House, Toronto Revolver Club, Range Burlington, Sharon Gun Club and Aurora Gun Club. A quick search on those clubs should get you contact information.

Burlington has a good air pistol program, as does the Toronto Revolver Club.

I hope that helps.
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive