TargetShooting Canada

Re: Moving Ammo Through Canada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter (67.58.219.102) on April 24, 2012 at 00:34:10:

In Reply to: Moving Ammo Through Canada posted by Rick Briggs on April 21, 2012 at 19:24:44:

At one time there was a law against 'importing' hollow point pistol ammunition that was circumvented by importing it as 'rifle' ammunition. Once imported it could be legally used in handguns for legal activities.

I do not have the location of the new law that repealed this basically redundant law but a major ammunition supplier(canada ammo)states the law has been changed.

"Until recently there was a Canada Customs restriction on the IMPORTATION of some types of hollowpoint ammunition. This restriction has been removed and there is now no restriction on the importation or sale of hollowpoint ammunition in Canada."

Someone more knowledgeable can likely direct you to the specific legislature. Would probably be best to have a copy available at border crossing/customs.

: I plan to take 2500 rds of .22 RF, 600 rds of .38 WC and 600 rds of the Star 185 .45 LSWC HP. I contacted the CA border people and they pointed me to a web site all about explosive regulations, with no mention of ammo, so I'm still not sure what I can and cannot bring with me.

: Thanks for your help,
: Rick Briggs
: Fairbanks, Alaska

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive