TargetShooting Canada

Re: Victim of Police Raid

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tudor (70.51.156.192) on September 23, 2011 at 02:20:51:

In Reply to: Victim of Police Raid posted by Anonymous on August 14, 2011 at 15:15:37:

In my honest opinion I don't think this will go anywhere. Not sure how/why they charged you with the improper storage of a firearm since your firearm was properly stored. You should have disputed that right then and there.

However, this is my advice: with such situations, there is always something to worry about, so you definitely need professional representation.

1) Call the Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-268-8326 Explain what happen and they will put you in touch with a lawyer who deals with exactly this kind of situations.

2) Call CSSA, as other members recommended and see how they can help.

I think you are the victim of an abuse (based on what you mentioned) and I think you should be able to get out of it. But you do need a lawyer.

Best of luck to you and let us know what happens next.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

: I am a legal firearm owner and law abiding citizen who has volunteered extensively in my community. I have never broken any law (with the exception of a speeding) and have a clean record. I am a blood and organ donor.
: I say this as both a warning and because I need help.

: Recently I was a victim of a police raid. I had a roommate I had never met prior to moving in. He knew I had a gun because he'd seen the safe in my room numerous times and I told him I would take him to a range with me someday (he was applying to the police as I was). Eventually he started acting really strange so I stopped speaking with him.

: Well one day last week I woke up to someone banging very loudly on my locked bedroom door demanding I open it. When I opened it to my surprise there were 4 police officers present. They asked me (more like demanded) where my gun was and I replied in my safe. I asked them what was going on and they did not tell me. After they unlocked my safe and the second case inside the safe in which I had my unloaded handgun locked. They charged me with multiple counts of improper storage of a firearm.

: I am facing potential jail time (according to an arresting officer). I looked up the legal storage regulations everywhere and it seems that my firearm was locked up legally.
: They seized my firearm and I have a court date coming up.
: They claimed the reason they were present was because my roommate was intimidated by me. I asked them when I had intimidated him since I was asleep when they raided my house.

: I cannot believer I was treated like a criminal for owning a legal firearm. I need advice/help.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive