TargetShooting Canada

NCCP Basic Mental Skills Course (for Shooters) - Sun. June 26th, 2011

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.250.118.183) on May 29, 2011 at 01:43:53:

An NCCP Basic Mental Skills (Tailored for Shooters) course has been set for Sunday, June 26th at the Pioneer Sportmen’s Association, in Kitchener, Ontario. It will be a day long course, running from 9am until 4pm, with 1 hour break for lunch. The course fee will be $75.

NCCP Learning Outcomes:

After finishing this introductory module, coaches will be able to review their ability to help their athletes with mental skills. They will also leave with assessment tools, enabling them to keep working on their own to improve their effectiveness in this area. In particular, coaches will be able to help athletes be mentally prepared for competition and integrate mental preparation strategies into practices

NCCP course modules include:
• spotting focus and anxiety problems
• improving emotional control
• setting goals
• planning for mental preparation

Course participants should bring:
• note paper and pen
• lunch or money to purchase it
• enthusiam and questions

• via e-mail only (haynes@targetshooting.ca)
• on or before Friday, June 3
• any cancellations after June 3 will result in a charge of $30 for material fees
• payment, by check or cash, will be received at the course start
• registration is limited to 25 participants (first come, first served)

Note: usually this is a four hour course. This expanded course will fill the entire day, putting the material into context for shooting athletes and coaches. If you have any specific questions that you wish answered, please send them to me no later than Sunday, June 12. If I am able to, I will answer those questions in the class.

If you have any questions, please contact me ASAP.

Regards,
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive