TargetShooting Canada

Re: Improving accuracy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.250.118.183) on February 20, 2011 at 21:20:59:

In Reply to: Improving accuracy posted by Code 2 on February 20, 2011 at 12:36:56:

Hi.

I'm assuming that you mean "your accuracy with a pistol", instead of the "accuracy of your pistol". Most guns outshoot the operator. This isn't a shot at you: most people have this problem.

What do you mean by accuracy? Do you mean consistency in delivery and eliminating flyers? Or perhaps your group is (relatively speaking) too big, but with no discernible pattern or flyers? What you are currently doing has an impact on what you should do in response. Only make changes to your delivery if they support performance improvement.

Before you start rethinking everything that you're doing, answer this question: how often are you training? How many times per week and how many total hours are you training per week? Most errors come from insufficient training, coupled with lack of consistent shot delivery.

You don't need a book as much as you need to develop a basic shot plan and then perform each step identically. Even if your technique is technically poor, you'll have more consistent delivery, which then becomes a sight adjustment issue.

These are just some thoughts off the top of my head. Let me know what you think.

Take care.
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive