TargetShooting Canada

Re: Got my PAL. What's my next step?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.250.131.79) on May 08, 2010 at 23:11:21:

In Reply to: Got my PAL. What's my next step? posted by Robert on May 08, 2010 at 13:24:42:

Hi Robert.

I'm surprised by that advice given you. Usually, as a new (well, resurrected) shooter, you need to try out a few guns before making a purchase. You need to think about many different things.

First, are you into recreational shooting or competition? Are you thinking smallbore or centerfire? Do you want a target rifle or a service rifle?

If I were you, I'd suggest getting a smallbore rifle, just to get back into the game. YOu can practice trigger and sights. Ammo is cheap. You can pick up a new Ruger 1022 for less than $300, or you can find a used Anschutz target rifle for under $1000. (Note: I'm not a rifle-guy, so these numbers are ROUGH guesses.)

While at the club, you can show the members that you're serious (you have equipment) and start talking about what to try next. That conversation invariably leads to someone saying "Hey, would you like to try my rifle?"

Good luck and I hope to hear how things worked out.
Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive