TargetShooting Canada

Re: 25 meter rapid fire; range dimentions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Levene (94.170.153.124) on March 15, 2010 at 17:04:16:

In Reply to: 25 meter rapid fire; range dimentions posted by Dan Harrietha on March 15, 2010 at 16:46:01:

: Hi, I'm building flip targets for my club, and I am trying to find the target hight. I know that the ceters are 75cm, and the distance is 25 meters, of course. And Also, I need to know the acceptable time it takes to flip the targets 90 degrees. And do I build the timer to flip 4, 6, and 8 seconds including, or excluind the time it takes to flip the targets?

: Any help? Thanks.

Height to the centre of the target is 1.4m (+0.1m/-0.2m) above the level of the firing point floor.
The maximum time for the turn to face the shooter is 0.3 seconds.
The targets must remain facing the shooter for the specified time +0.2/-0.0seconds but timings start from the moment the targets start to turn to face or edge.
Don't forget to build the timer so that you can edge the targets by pushing a button. You then need a Start button which will leave the targets edged for 3 seconds before facing them for the 8/6/4 seconds, and then edging them again. You will also need another button to then face the targets for inspection/scoring/preparation for the next series.
The standards for 25m turning targets are in section 6.3.16.9 of the ISSF rules.

Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive