TargetShooting Canada

Re: shooting with video

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Levene (94.170.149.112) on January 23, 2010 at 11:40:31:

In Reply to: shooting with video posted by john robinson on January 22, 2010 at 08:58:14:

: ....the monitor is on the right side of my shooting table, and is visible after my shot is fired and I lower my gunhand.

You are only getting the same result as people using ESTs. If shooters are distracted by the monitor on, for example, a Sius set-up then I recommend placing it in a position where it cannot be seen without lowering the gun.

Get used to it, that's what you will get when you get to top level competition, and you won't be allowed to turn the monitor off. Start as you mean to go on.

You should use it to your advantage. To make sure that you don't rush the follow through, call the position of the shot before you lower the arm (enabling you to see the monitor). That'll ensure that you are looking at the sights.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive