TargetShooting Canada

Re: Eastern Nationals

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lea (198.166.25.233) on January 04, 2010 at 21:07:36:

In Reply to: Re: Eastern Nationals posted by Brian James on January 04, 2010 at 15:35:00:

Brian,
You need to remember the volume of people difference between shooting in the east and shooting in the west. Having shot nationals for past 15 yrs i would rather see nationals go ahead at a reduced size then send it out of country. The Grand Prix is a different situation than nationals. Nationals are a full week and if you have ever seen how hard the organizers and officals work for an entire week its pretty respectable. The Grand Prix also requires a lot of volunteer time but is also only limited to competition of two days.

Its great that you put some ideas forth but you need to look at the reality of these ideas and how they would play out not only for the athletes but also some organizing committees.

: Lea,

: The west has hosted nationals for years, but there was an out cry by many western shooters when the nationals were held in Ontario and Quebec for consecutive years during the 1990s. Our sport seems to be cyclical. Factor in the Grand Prix being out east and nationals in the 1990s and it was a lot of work for eastern volunteers as well.

: Going back to nationals, in the last 15 years I don't recall there ever being a reduced schedule. Iím sure itís longer than 15years, but I canít comment on that as that was before my time.

: Other options (for discourse):

: 1 - Why not piggy back the national this year on a provincial championship and allow all the events to be shot?

: 2 - Divide nationals into two matches, one for the Olympic events and the other for the rest. This is not ideal, but I'd rather see it divided than not take place.

: 3 - The other option is, piggy back our nationals on the USA nationals. Given itís already a match that can be used to qualify for the CDN National and Dev. Team.

:
: Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive