TargetShooting Canada

Re: Eastern Nationals

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Sandall (74.58.11.124) on January 02, 2010 at 23:28:20:

In Reply to: Eastern Nationals posted by Brian James on December 14, 2009 at 08:38:31:

: In an email I was forward, James Sandall, SFC Pistol Section Chair has sent out the following message:
:
: "There has been a possible bid for 2010 Nationals. I am looking for interest to attend Nationals in Granby Quebec in end of Aug. There would only be 25m pistol, Air pistol, Free Pistol and Rapid Fire pistol shot twice through each.
:
: I am asking you all to spread this info around to all shooters you know and email me if you would possibly attend or would not attend 2010 Nationals, before Christmas.
:
: Thanks
:
: Jim Sandall
: Pistol Chair"

:
: I am curious to know what shooters on the forum feel about having several events eliminated from the program, ie Standard Pistol, Centre Fire, NRA events, and I'm guessing the Maliegh Cup (not sure of spelling).

: My feeling is removing Standard Pistol and Centre is a mistake. In my opinion most shooters do not start their shooting careers with either free pistol and rapid fire, but often with Standard and Centre Fire through club problems. In a logical sport development, enabling shooters to develop from a club level shooter to provincial level and then onto the national level not only provides shooters a shooting career path, but provides them something to aspire too. Taking away this opportunity to compete at nationals could very well hurt the sport.

: I may be wrong and would love a good discussion about this.

: Brian

To all concerend,

The resaon the 2010 may be reduced is simply because of Range availability. There is nothing against CF, standard pistol and NRA, there is no time at the possible range.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive