TargetShooting Canada

Re: Immigrating to Canada-Taking my Firearms with me

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark B. (142.46.8.34) on June 01, 2009 at 20:25:31:

In Reply to: Immigrating to Canada-Taking my Firearms with me posted by Vadasz on June 01, 2009 at 15:40:49:

The short answer to your question is that the term "prohibited" really does mean prohibited. In your case, if the firearms meet the criteria for prohibition, whether it be as a result of calibre or barrel length, then don't even think of trying to import them. I cannot speak with any knowledge of the firearms you're contemplating importing so I don't know if their barrels are longer or shorter than 105mm. If the barrels are shorter than 105mm then sell them in Hungary. If you try to import them to Canada and they are deemed prohibited then they will be seized and destroyed and you will not be compensated in any way.

: Hey guys,
: Hoping you can clear up some questions that i have regarding the law in Canada, I'll be immigrating there soon as a skilled worker (I'm an orthopedic surgeon), I live in hungary at the moment and have a licence for a 9mm handgun, it's a H&K 9mm Expert which I use in competitions and a Walther P99,

: i read on the website that guns of .25 and .32 AND/OR barrel length less than 105mm are prohibited

: it's the 105mm barrel length that worries me, will i be able to import my guns here and if not can i get a licence and buy the firearms again in Canada, I shoot in IPSC comps regularily and would like to keep it up,

: I'm moving to London, ON, by the way

: Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive