TargetShooting Canada

Re: Anyone know where I can access the Firearms Reference Table

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Holt (209.87.253.82) on May 28, 2009 at 09:06:02:

In Reply to: Anyone know where I can access the Firearms Reference Table posted by Steve D. on June 17, 2006 at 14:47:12:

Steve:

This is a firearms classification tool used by law enforcement for forensic purposes to clasify the unique characteristics of individual firearms. It is only available to law enforcement agencies and/or individuals acting on behalf of same known as "verifiers". As it has commercial value, it has been ruled that as such, it is not available to the public for free. If it is be aquired at all, it must be purchased. I recommend you contact the Canadian Firearms Registration Program which is administered by the RCMP.

Barring that, they may be able to provide you
the info you seek over the phone and are likely
to do so. In my recent dealings with the indiviuals at the CFP, I found them to be most
professional, knowledgable and helpful.

FYI: If your air pistol cannot produce projectile
muzzle velocities above 500fps and muzzle energy at or above 4.2ft/lbs , it need not be
registered and may not be on the FRT.

Good luck with that...

Sean.

: Hi.

: I'm trying to figure out if a certain air pistol is on the Firearms Reference Table - anyone know where I could access a copy?

: Thanks,
: Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive