TargetShooting Canada

Re: CAGP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tony C. (99.236.138.177) on January 26, 2009 at 20:56:37:

In Reply to: CAGP posted by Tony C. on January 26, 2009 at 20:54:52:

: Patrick,

: I would like to add my 2 cents worth on this topic. Some poster mention about the cost of attending CAGP, feeling its excessive, fact is it dosn't cost more than driving to a regional match and stay in a hotel/motel for the weekend, as for the entry fee, I wish people can see the time effort and energy spent by the organizing folks to get this event off the ground every year, to me $100 is good deal an money well spent.

: Another poster mention the event seems to gone stale and becoming bland. I understand what he's saying, however, this is a ISSF shooting event, there are only so much one can do. IIRC CAGP formerly called the Crossman Airgun Championship, has rotate around several cities like Montreal, Ottawa, Winnepeg... etc since 1997 Toronto become the host city, and hasn't moved. the location of the hotel and the ballroom setup works very well, visitors from afar were amazed we can pull this off. However when I ask some other shooter why they are not going to CAGP this year, the reply quite often is " I've gone 2/3 years in a row, been there done that, I may give it a go again next year "

: Given the fact the mayor of Toronto make us shooters feel less then welcome in "his" city, perhaps its high time for the organizer thinking about move the event to another city. Since most of the shooters and folks running this event concentraded along the Toronto ottawa Montreal axis and NE US, CAGP most likely will remain in Eastern Canada, I think city like Hamilton, London could be prospective host, both are good size with airline service and within driving distance for most people. And don't forget Niagara Falls! A tourist city in the middle of winter with lots of empty hotel rooms...hmmmm, what do yiou think?

: Tony

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive