TargetShooting Canada

Re: The Canadian Airgun Grand Prix Needs Support

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian James (198.103.223.51) on January 26, 2009 at 09:31:02:

In Reply to: Re: The Canadian Airgun Grand Prix Needs Support posted by David Levene on January 26, 2009 at 08:00:05:

Any concerns about the range staff or officials should be raised to the match director, the Chief Official, or the SFC if what occurred was abusive. I would encourage such an action not only for the sake of the athlete, but for the Officials to know where they may have gone wrong.

With that said, if the person who posted the message is a top shooter, they should be able to move past poor officiating and compete. They also know the rules of the sport and should be able to deal with poor officiating using the mechanisms outlined in the rules. I’m glad they are giving the match a chance again this year. (I’m sure they will talk to me about this post)

Am I picking on the poster? – Not at all. But I have trouble understanding why any competitor would permit an official to prevent them from competing. All competitors deal with both overly relaxed officials who permit questionable actions to occur and also overly vigilant officials they make all our lives “challenging”

See you in equipment check,

Brian James

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive