TargetShooting Canada

Re: CAGP Support

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.255.198.164) on January 26, 2009 at 09:29:54:

In Reply to: Re: The Canadian Airgun Grand Prix Needs Support posted by David Levene on January 26, 2009 at 08:00:05:

I was onsite at the CAGP a few years back when the head range official resorted to yellow carding a young competitor for safety violations: setting down a closed air pistol.

To be honest, they weren't being difficult. Several officials had spoken to him about the issue, giving him more than half a dozen verbal warning between them. Still, no change in behaviour. They were trying to mentor and guide, as opposed to officiate.

Finally, the yellow card and the explanation of "do this again and you're gone" finally drove home. No more safety violations.

The officials felt bad for yellow carding a junior, but being polite and friendly wasn't getting through. This is the exception rather than the rule.

Remember, the officials support the competiton as well. Without them, our competition results become meaningless, as nobody knows what rules were adhered to, with saftey being foremost.

That being said, I've had a grumpy official or two be less than friendly, but after a day or two of volunteering on your feet, being treated like the bad guy, it's hard to keep smiling.

Its a two way street. Be courteous to the officials and expect the same treatment. Hopefully, the issue was more the exception, rather than the rule. If the issue comes up again, and I'm not shooting, please feel free to talk with me about it at the event.

Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive