TargetShooting Canada

Re: Why do you go to the Grand Prix?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Edmond (149.99.197.223) on January 25, 2009 at 07:16:36:

In Reply to: Why do you go to the Grand Prix? posted by Patrick on January 15, 2009 at 17:53:00:

: Hi folks.

: As the subject line states, I have a question: Why do you go to the Grand Prix?

: To be honest, as I understand, numbers are down this year. Yes, money is tight, but if you participate in any large organized activity, the CAGP match fee isn't that big.

: I'd love to hear why you participate in the Grand Prix, or for that matter, any large organized shooting event?

: Conversely, if you are NOT participating this year, can I know why?

: It doesn't matter what age or level of ability that you are, I'm very interested in hearing your thoughts.

: And, for anybody out there, it isn't an opportunity to flame an individual or an organization. Let's discuss the positives of our sport and how we can maximise those.

: Thanks.
: Patrick

I don't because I don't feel it will provide the value I'm looking for. The cost of the match is negligible compared to the flight and accommodations. If it didn't cost so much to fly across Canada (West-East), this match might become more appealing. There are local matches in Richmond that rival the CAGP. From the feedback of local shooters who have shot both, the Richmond matches are better organized. The kicker is the match fees are even much lower. I find it hard to justify participation in a match that would provide much lower value to me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive