TargetShooting Canada

Re: CBC today Oct. 27/08

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian James (198.103.221.51) on October 27, 2008 at 15:35:26:

In Reply to: CBC today Oct. 27/08 posted by Richard on October 27, 2008 at 15:18:51:

Forcing them is unlikely going to occur. I ran into an issue with the Ottawa Citizen several years ago where they omitted the names of the kids who competed in the shooting events at the Ontario Winter Games, but listed every athlete from the other sports. I called them on their bias and since then the paper has been reporting on shooting whenever possible.

The CBC may simple need someone from the Shooting Community to step up and offer to speak when the next gun or shooting issue arises. Id argue, having a rational and moderate proponent of the guns/shooting would be well received by the CBC and the general public.

The question is who is there in the CDN shooting/gun community is polished enough to speak publicly and is willing too?

I proposed while I was a Director that the SFC be proactive with offering consultative services to different levels of government. This was deemed to already occurring.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive