TargetShooting Canada

Can anyone explain the SFC HPC to me?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.255.198.164) on October 25, 2008 at 14:56:18:

I just got an email from the SFC telling me who (or more appropriately, who isn't) on the SFC 2008-2009 Board and Committees.

I'm looking at the High Performance Committee and see that the Rifle, Pistol and Trap 'coach' positions are vacant. Here is what I received:

High Performance Committee
=============================
JP Huot (Chair)
Rick Ward (Disabled)
Bill Stanko (Skeet)
Kim Eagles & Glynn Loftin (Athlete Reps)
Susan Verdier (Technical Director)
Vacant (Pistol)
Vacant (Rifle)
Vacant (Trap)

Three Olympic disciplines have no voice on the High Performance Committee? I know that somebody at the SFC decided to go without head coaches for several teams, but how can they say that selection criteria, or any of their decisions for that matter, are legitimate when 37.5% of the positions are vacant?

Is the HPC even following its own corporate policies in this regard? Can they function for the last year (I think) with these empty seats? Does anyone have an answer to this?

With this in mind, one must ask "Are any decisions coming from the SFC HPC legitimate?."

I hope that somebody finds an answer to this before unhappy people figure it out and initiate action.

Patrick

(And yes, publically asking the question probably won't go over well...)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive