TargetShooting Canada

Re: SFC AGM?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.255.198.164) on October 09, 2008 at 02:35:41:

In Reply to: Re: SFC AGM? posted by Richard H. on October 08, 2008 at 17:51:26:

I think that Brian and Richard have pretty much hit the nail on the head.

They need to live up to their promises and meet the expectations of their membership. If they can't do that, then they need to communicate. They need to face reality and pull back on their promises. They need to engage the membership and manage expectations. Unfortunately, I get the impression that there is a bunker mentality there. Dig in and say nothing. Almost like not answering the phone when the bill collectors call, hoping that the debts will magically go away.

Well, that just makes matters worse. I'd rather know that people are trying and encountering roadblocks, as opposed to not doing anything.

Similarly, if they've over-promised and are unable to deliver, be honest and state so. Admit that you screwed up and can't deliver. That is a step in the right direction. Offering false hope is lousy for everyone involved. From there, realistic deliverables could be set and met.

The SFC does have good intentions. I honestly believe that, despite how my frustration may come off at times. They're just in over their heads.

Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive