TargetShooting Canada

SFC AGM?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian James (198.103.221.51) on October 07, 2008 at 09:14:08:

In Reply to: SFC AGM? posted by Will on October 05, 2008 at 23:49:49:

I can only comment a limited amount as I only attended the Directors meeting on the Friday and a few hours on the Saturday. To sum up the meeting - it was similar to many of the meetings of the past. Our sport is limited by its size, lack of funding, we need to focus on High performance, etc.. However, there seems to be plans in place to improve the situation. Most notably there is a sense that the organization should be run more as a business and offer better service to its members.

Ineffective communication was raised several times and there appears to be an awareness that it needs to improve. There seems to be a move to have more information placed on the website and enable it to become more dynamic in the months/years to come.

The turnout was acceptable, but not as large as other years. With many shooters from Ontario and in paticular from the Ottawa area not present. I suspect there was a lack of awareness about the meeting.

On a personal note, my term as Director ended and I did not seek re-election.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive