TargetShooting Canada

Re: shipping to US

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Taylor (205.250.102.162) on September 26, 2008 at 12:03:32:

In Reply to: shipping to US posted by Andrew on September 25, 2008 at 15:55:07:

Check this out:
www.international.gc.ca/eicb/military/faq-en.asp#7
Specifically:
Q7. I want to permanently export a firearm to the US.

A7. Firearms that are classified as either antique, restricted or non-restricted may be exported to the US without a Canadian Export Permit. However, the Canadian exporter must be in possession of an approved US import permit (currently this is a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Form 6 (BATF Form 6)). To export prohibited firearms the exporter must apply for an export permit from International Trade Canada (ITCan). Blank applications are available by calling (613) 996-2387 or by faxing your request to (613) 996-9933. Completed applications must be accompanied by a US Import Permit (BATF Form 6) which specifically identifies the firearm to be exported. Canadian exporters are required to report the permanent export of firearms to the Canada Firearms Centre. It is recommended that copies of the Export Permit, foreign import authorisation and any waybill issued by the carrier be provided to the Canada Firearms Centre to support the exporters claim of permanent export. A photocopy of the foreign import authorisation should be included with the package when shipped.

The paperwork is not a problem. The challenge will be in finding a means of physically getting the firearm from Canada to the USA.
Mike T.

Andrew's original question:
: Are their any problems involved shipping a rifle to the US?
: I am selling a single shot .22 target rifle and a prospective buyer is in the US. I am not a firearms dealer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive