TargetShooting Canada

City of Toronto - By-Law to regulate discharging of Firearms

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MichaelK (99.231.242.161) on September 23, 2008 at 20:04:40:

I received information today that in Tuesday's Edition of the Toronto Star, there is an ad by the city clerk regarding a meeting on October 14th starting at 10:15am (City Hall, Committee Room 1, 2nd floor), but will not likely start that early as there is another item ahead of it.
This is a meeting of the Planning and Growth Management Committee.
The item is a By-Law to regulate land use permissions for uses involving the making or discharging of firearms. More information is contained in the ad.

The club I belong to will have a presence there mainly of our executive. If you had the opportunity to attend the last meeting re: cn and scarb. clubs this Planning and Growth Management Committee assembled by that blonde guy, is something else! I am sure this planning committee is also responsible for the aggressive campaign regarding pet licensing, where the by-law officer comes to the door of your home and issues you a ticket for not having a pet license! They have their own adgenda and do not care about the rights of the people living in this City. (another kettle of fish)

I am starting to be of the opinion that us target shooters are divided by our club charters. I think CSSA is struggling with its own issues right now, and is not capable of being effective in representing us, shhhh. just an opinion. They seem overwhelmed, just like the rest of us.

I wonder if we incorporate all of our clubs in Toronto and area under one overall umbrella and unite the small number of us that exist as target competitors in Canada we will finally have a voice. Right now we are 200 here, 30 there, another 100 over there...One Toronto, One united shooting sports club! (okay, so its my vision) "United GTA Target Shooting Competitors"

Just a thought. Please attend this meeting, I think there is more disappointment in store! We need one voice, one lawyer, and one class action suit! Otherwise we will basically go unheard until we disappear and it's a non-issue.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive