TargetShooting Canada

Re: Response to Government Handgun Ban Rhetoric

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by kardar (24.150.235.57) on September 13, 2008 at 09:42:43:

In Reply to: Re: Response to Government Handgun Ban Rhetoric posted by Paul on September 13, 2008 at 07:00:50:

Hello Paul

I am requesting you to apply for a firearms license for both restricted & non restricted firearms. I beleive after that process is over you will have a pretty good idea of what legitimate firearms owners are up against.

For example you said ": I'm relatively new to Canada as I only arrived in 2000, but I have noticed that guns and especially hand guns are a part of the Canadian way of life."

You are wrong, you are thinking about certain states in USA, where people carry handguns around their waist all day along. Not the cse in Canada. You cannot own a handgun for any other reason except Targetshooting or Collection.

"I'm from the UK where the only places that you will see firearms carried openly are international airports and organised, rural events. Even the cops don't carry side arms openly. This does not mean that they are any less of an issue over there, but I think that there is more respect for firearms and a higher expectation from their owners and users."

I know there has been a ban on firearms in UK for a long time now, HAS IT HELPED IN LOWERING THE CRIME RATE or EVEN THE CRIMES COMMITED USING FIREARMS?

": Now I don't know the full history behind the new bye laws or restrictions ect, but I can say as a member of the public and an outsider (I do not own a gun yet) I see the official response to the gun crimes as completely justified."

You also mentioned that closing a Gun club is not the correct thing to do and then two paragraphs later you agree with what the government does?

": To this end I do not see the advantage in withdrawing support for a legitimate competition would be. For one, supporters of sports shooting would loose their voice in this forum."

I don't see this as withdrawal of support to the Shooting sport but this definitely is withdrawal of support to the same government that closed the shooing facilities in Toronto.

": The solution is to voluntarily look closely at the sport and find ways of convincing those in power that there are those in society that get great pleasure in recreational shooting. It is this group that will reap the greatest rewards."

I would like to invite you to come and join our club and will be glad to work along with you on this.

": Closer controls of gun club membership, types of guns allowed and storage rules and methods are the avenues to be explored. If a gun club is there to promote sports shooting, gun ownership within a club should be restricted to only firearms permitted by the rules of competition generally. Those guns should remain within the club and only removed for competition."

As mentioned in the begining, please apply for the fireamrs license for handguns and you will realize what you have to go through and what kind of rules and regulations a legitimate firearms owner has to follow.

": Personally, I would love to one day represent Canada both as a shooter and a responsible individual. With competition shooting the two go hand in hand. Not only on the range, but in the background where compromises are made and respect is forged between the lovers of the sport and the regulators of society in general."

Again the invitation to join our club is open, once you have your firearms license please let me know.

Kind regards,
S Kardar

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive