TargetShooting Canada

Re: Response to Government Handgun Ban Rhetoric

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marzena S. (209.183.146.80) on September 12, 2008 at 12:19:25:

In Reply to: Re: Response to Government Handgun Ban Rhetoric posted by YuriM on September 12, 2008 at 00:20:08:

: Politicians are expected to lie and they do, especially at the election time. Unfortunately, shooting community in Canada does not have unity and organization to fight. Even more unfortunate is the fact that the majority of the Canadian population does not care about target shooting sports, or worse, has any idea that shooting is a sport.

: So, knowing the sorry state of our sport in Canada, I am not sure what could be achieved with making a stand and refusing to support the major Games' bids by Canada, or Ontario, or Toronto (it would happen with or without the support).

: If anything, I would support such a bid with all the might and enthusiasm of our small shooting community. I do not see any other possibility for Canada to get World Class facilities that will make us proud to host major international events (you do remember that Sport Canada claimed to never fund infrastructure projects). The right thing to do would be to ensure that these facilities are secured for Canadian shooters to use in years to come.

: I scream YES to any bid for Pan-American, or Commonwealth, or Olympic Games in Canada.

AGREE with Yuri 100%: YES to bids for any major sport events in Toronto

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive