TargetShooting Canada

Re: New Guy Equipment Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Monica Fyfe (142.161.70.165) on September 02, 2008 at 10:35:47:

In Reply to: Re: New Guy Equipment Question posted by Mike on August 29, 2008 at 09:48:08:

You may want to try and do a bit of research yourself on the main companies that sell competitive rifles.
I know a lot of people use Anschutz .22 on the world cup circuit(Look on the Anschutz website I believe there is a section).
I know Warren Potent who is a world record holder in prone uses a Blieker/Gruing&E combination...
Another combination that is becoming very popular is the Blieker/Gemini combination.
Those two are very expensive options, especially if you are new.

I personally wouldn't go with what the top medal/record holders are using at this point. They did not start out with those guns, plus they are usually sponsored by that company. I would go with whatever fits your budget and of course what fits you best. Finding a good second hand one is usually the best options for beginners.

I personally have an anchutz with a 2007 action with a 2313L stock, and I love it. Mine is left handed and a sport rifle (not a sporting... sport is just the girl version of a .22 rifle). You will be wanting to look for a free rifle model.

I hope this helps.

Monica

: Thanks, I'll give them a try as well.
: Mike

: : Have you checked out www.targettalk.org ?
: : They have a small-bore rifle forum.
: : M.T.

: : : I'm new to the small-bore (rifle) world and was wondering if anyone knew of a site that discussed the make/model/stock combinations used by the top medal or record holders?
: : : Any useful information would be appreciated.
: : : Thanks.
: : : Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive