TargetShooting Canada

Re: Aviana & the Olympics

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (99.231.216.167) on July 24, 2008 at 23:26:07:

In Reply to: Aviana & the Olympics posted by Helen on July 22, 2008 at 13:26:15:

Hi Helen.

Thank you very much. This is the first Olympics for both Avianna and me. We're both very excited and honoured to be representing our country, our family and our sport in this prestigous event.

People may not know this but Helen (Smith) is a 1994 Commonwealth Games medal winner (Gold - Individual Women's Air Pistol and Silver - Women's Pairs Sport Pistol with Sharon Cozzarin). She's always been a great supporter and good friend.

In fact, Helen convinced me to get into coaching back in the 1980s, working with some junior tetrathletes at the University of Western Ontario. I had no clue what I was doing back then, but everyone learned from it. I don't think that anyone saw the Olympics in the future.

Helen: you were instrumental in helping both of us get to Beijing, starting almost 20 years ago. Thank you very much for your support and friendship.

Patrick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive