TargetShooting Canada

Re: is there local pistol matches in BC?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Taylor (205.250.5.79) on July 22, 2008 at 17:06:26:

In Reply to: Re: is there local pistol matches in BC? posted by Andrew on July 12, 2008 at 07:04:05:

No, regrettably, I have not shot at the Semiahmoo club. I shoot primarily at the Kelowna & District Fish & Game Club, and, on occasion, at the Penticton Shooting Sports Association.
Airgun does have advantages - two matches a year in Richmond and once a year at the BC Provincial Championships - but do consider it in conjunction with, rather than instead of, a cartridge pistol :-)
Yes, the lack of competitive events in BC for rimfire pistols is discouraging. However, unless more people take an interest in competing, there is no incentive for match directors to stage an event.
However, if you join a club and go and shoot 'official' targets (ISSF or NRA), you might find another clubmember (or two) whose curiosity is piqued enough to try shooting for score. You might thus form a small nucleus of shooters interested in shooting official courses of fire (courses such as ISSF Standard Pistol or the NRA Gallery Course). Once people start to keep score, the seeds of competition are planted. This is by no means an overnight conversion, but it has happened.

: thank you Mike. Have we ever met? You shoot at Semiahmoo Rod n Gun club on Wednesdays sometimes?

: Anyways, its really sad schedule of events in BC. really really sad. I almost think about buying airgun now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive