TargetShooting Canada

Re: is there local pistol matches in BC?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Taylor (205.250.105.132) on July 10, 2008 at 19:11:34:

In Reply to: is there local pistol matches in BC? posted by Andrew on July 06, 2008 at 17:10:45:

Unfortunately, not much going these days. The BC Provincial Pistol Championship (ISSF events) was held at the Pacific Shooters Association range in North Vancouver on May 31st and June 1st. A 2700 scheduled for the same range on June 21st was cancelled for lack of sufficient interest. Other than the Hibernation airgun match in Richmond on Nov 1st and 2nd, there is nothing scheduled for the remainder of the year.
Do check out the BC Target Sports Association we-site (www.bctsa.bc.ca/). It has a calendar of events and links to web-sites of BC clubs. I believe there is club level activity in target pistol at Abbotsford, Langley, and the aforementioned PSA. The PoCo range (Port Coquitlam) was very active when I was taken there as a guest, but it seemed to be all short-range blasting with centre-fire semi-autos. I understand that is a 'public' range and that they do have other ranges at PoCo that are for members exclusively (details on their web-site), but I see no mention of target pistol particularly (IPSC, yes, but target rim-fire, no). If you are interested, I can give you a contact name for target pistol at PSA.
Mike T.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive