TargetShooting Canada

Re: Arms in pistol shooting

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave W. (192.75.24.90) on October 05, 2007 at 12:15:04:

In Reply to: Re: Arms in pistol shooting posted by tommyg on October 04, 2007 at 17:15:18:

Thanks I'll keep this in mind the next time I am shooting.

Ciao Dave

: : Hi All

: : I have begun shooting.22 standard pistol. Can someone explain what I am supposed to be doing with my arm from the wrist back to the shoulder?

: : Thanks Dave

: OK. first is your grip it must be firm enough to allow the pistol to recoil properly but loose enouhg to allow circulation in your fingers and hands ( no white knuckles)

: try to keep your wrist locked.

: arm should be fully extended and raised enough to bring the pistol sites into your line of sight ( try not to move your head to get your site picture but raise your pistol into the proper sight picture)

: elbow should be striaght and frim but not locked, as this will cause the muscles to shake

: when raising the pistol make sure that everything is done with the arm extended and use your Deltoids/trapezius muscles to lift and hold , try not to shrug your sholders though

: now depending on your stance perference, coaching, physical condition, etc.. some people rotate the shoulder forward when the pistol is raised but usually these people have a stance that places their body perpendicular to the target.

: hope this helps

: tg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive