TargetShooting Canada

Re: 2008 Canadian National Team Selection Criteria Amended Again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yuri M (72.1.207.196) on September 14, 2007 at 11:52:52:

In Reply to: Re: 2008 Canadian National Team Selection Criteria Amended Again posted by R.M. on September 12, 2007 at 09:43:51:

Hey Robert
(and all other frustrated members of the SFC),

What I have seen in the past is that THEY can do whatever THEY feel like doing and that is what THEY do.

It is up to us (you, me and others) to prevent them from actually going ahead with any of the changes that we think are not right.

There is an appeal process setup in the SFC and that is the ONLY way anyone can address the issue as I see it. AGM can hold a discussion but it is probably not mandated to deal with the National Team issues. National Team belongs in the HPC area of responsibilities and that's where you and I have no voice whatsoever. Thus, filing an appeal is the only mechanism that is available to athletes.

Going further, I would assume that the appeal to the HPC contesting the HPC decision will not bring any resolution. It will then be escalated to the Executive Committee of the SFC. I would not hold my breath for their decision either as they seem to be even less aware of the problems the way we see them.

Luckily for us, it does not have to stop there. What I learned is that the decision of the Executive Committee of the National Sport Federation can be challenged at the INDEPENDENT ARBITRATION. No one can guarantee a positive decision there and it will cost the appellant about $300 to file for arbitration.

Is anyone ready to take it down this road?

Best regards,
Yuri

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive