TargetShooting Canada

Re: records update at pistolcanada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yuri M (70.54.93.13) on September 04, 2007 at 00:35:16:

In Reply to: Re: records update at pistolcanada posted by KeithS on September 02, 2007 at 22:16:53:

: The reason the past results were pulled ... were not actually problems at all. The records in question existed, it was just the person does not understand how databases work...so rather than getting into an argument about it, it is more prudent to remove them...

Hi all,

I have to really appologize to Keith and the whole shooting community as I am the reason the results database has been pulled off the pistolcanada website.

I simply noticed that the complete sorted list of about 1500 records (could not do the search at the time) was missing 22 out of of my 26 results. I reported the "glitch" not expecting that the complete project would be pulled off. As Keith pointed out the records did exist and were available when the proper search for both first and last name was used. In my ignorance I assumed that my last name would be enough to find the records ;-).

I did asked Keith not to remove the database even though there are some !minor! issues knowing how much we all enjoy and use the results of Keith's unbelievable and amazing work.

I have to agree with Gordon that SFC will need years to come up with anything as useful for Canadian shooters as what TargetShooting.Ca and PistolCanada.ca have been providing to us for years. That's why we all keep coming to these sites and abandoned any hope that our SFC would start thinking about the our shooters' wishes.

Thank you again Keith and Patrick and everyone else.

I AM REALLY-REALLY SORRY
Yuri

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive