TargetShooting Canada

Re: National Team - how it works?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Another unhappy member (70.53.21.75) on August 18, 2007 at 01:08:25:

In Reply to: Re: National Team - how it works? posted by Unhappy Member on August 17, 2007 at 21:21:25:

: ... as they seem to strictly focus on the National Team ...

I would not say the SFC is focused on the National Team. On the contrary, they seem to go out of their way to jeopordize the future of the team. The focus (I can only speculate) is on getting any funding from Sport Canada and pretend that some highly sophisticated new methods are put in place to achieve the "Olympic podium success".

At least what I know of the pistol national team, this year is a disastor. Three National Pistol team coaches left for various reasons (the latest firing was not even made official and announced to the team). This does not look like work of an organization that has a clear mandate or direction for the future.

Let's be present and vocal at the AGM. The SFC plans to round up the AGM meeting in 3 hours!!! according to their schedule. We should not let the major decisions be pushed on us without our opinions being heard. Let's demand better accountability and transparency of our federation.

Ottawa, September 29th at 9 AM. Be there if you care!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive