TargetShooting Canada

National Team - how it works?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sylvain (142.217.128.244) on August 13, 2007 at 06:46:34:

I have read the NTT Criteria available at pistolcanada.ca and there are a lot of questions that came to my mind.

1- The NTT Criteria states that "In 2008, the top 15 athletes on the world ranking list only, regardless of discipline, will be considered for the National Team." Are there any canadian shooters who satisfy this condition?

2-Why shoot the team trials if you are not considered for the team because of the top 15 criteria? Apparenly many shooters do it!

3-What are the implications/advantages of being on the national team? What kind financial/technical support do you receive?

4-Where can I find the list of shooters that are on the national team.

5-Except for haviving the required scores, what are the steps that you must follow to be on the national team? From what I understand, to be on the world 15 top ranking you must compete at international level on a self funded basis for a while, which can be very expensive. Is there any other way (less expensive).

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive