TargetShooting Canada

Re: Criteria for Team

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark B. (208.114.165.5) on August 08, 2007 at 15:04:10:

In Reply to: Criteria for Team posted by KeithS on August 03, 2007 at 23:53:23:

Well, if the SFC doesn't understand that team selection criteria need to be published in advance of the selection match then perhaps they'll understand this...
No team selection criteria published = no ability for this shooter to justify travelling to the Nationals when participation in this event may or may not count toward national team selection

Sorry, but I won't be attending Nationals this year, and this is likely the biggest reason. This is in no way, shape for form the fault of the fine folks in Prince Albert who I know will put on a fantastic match once again this year. All I can say is the SFC is acting like a bunch of amateurs rather than the national sport governing body, and are hurting the sport rather than helping it. Methinks the next AGM is going to be very interesting indeed as I'm not the only one who expects some heads to roll.

: However, if they "needed" to be posted in the match rules, that is already covered. Here is the statement that covers it:
: ----------------------------------------
: The criteria for selection of the Canadian National Pistol Team is currently being reviewed by the Shooting Federation of Canada High Performance Committee. Once the criteria has been finalized this document will be updated. If the criteria is not available until the championships are in progress, it will be posted in the results area as well as on the web site.
: ----------------------------------------
: This statement has been posted in the match rules for a while now. Anyone interested in qualifying for the national team will have read the match rules, either on the web site or via the SFC magazine.

: I also recently received an email saying I will be receiving the team selection criteria document in the next short while. So I will post it at the Nationals on the bulletin board, and on the web site immediately upon receipt.

: If there is an identified time guideline problem, we can sort it out at the section meeting.

: Something to chew on....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive