TargetShooting Canada

Re: Criteria still not published?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KeithS (142.165.244.8) on August 04, 2007 at 12:25:04:

In Reply to: Criteria still not published? posted by Patrick on August 03, 2007 at 19:25:53:

What we require regarding the posting of the team selection rules is the "rules" regarding when the "rules" should be posted.
If there are no "rules" in place, then we can set some "rules" at the section meeting, which would then be brought forward to the SFC general meeting for approval.

The SFC office would/should be aware of any such time guidelines....and have not indicated to date to the Nationals committee that there is any problems with the procedures in place, or the wording of the Nationals match rules as posted for the past while on the web site. I know the match rules were reviewed by the powers-that-be.
If there were time guidelines that needed to be met, then the AIM magazine would have been published and distributed to meet them.

As one of the chairperson's for the Nationals, I am very uncomfortable in making any sort of decision/statement regarding the validity of team selection criteria without having the official documentation in my hands....and this would include documentation regarding guidelines for posting if it becomes an issue.

If some of the athletes/coaches have concerns over the posting time guidelines for team selection, I would suggest they contact the SFC office about it, and find out if there are actually "rules" in place. If there are rules, then a copy can be brought to the section meeting where the subject can be discussed properly, and an INFORMED decision made.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive