TargetShooting Canada

Criteria for Team

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KeithS (69.11.82.195) on August 03, 2007 at 23:53:23:

In Reply to: Canadian National Pistol Championships posted by KeithS on August 03, 2007 at 13:01:56:

I do not know the date deadlines for the team selection criteria. However, match rule changes follow the ISSF rules regarding time guidelines.

There may not be any time deadlines for team selection criteria....that is a separate and distinct set of rules that determine how the team is selected based on the "final" results of the competition. They could be in a separate document completely from the match rules....and maybe should be to avoid confusion.

I would assume that any such deadline would be determined by the SFC constitution. If there is nothing in place, then realistically they could be posted at the championships before the first shot is fired, and be legal.

However, if they "needed" to be posted in the match rules, that is already covered. Here is the statement that covers it:
----------------------------------------
The criteria for selection of the Canadian National Pistol Team is currently being reviewed by the Shooting Federation of Canada High Performance Committee. Once the criteria has been finalized this document will be updated. If the criteria is not available until the championships are in progress, it will be posted in the results area as well as on the web site.
----------------------------------------
This statement has been posted in the match rules for a while now. Anyone interested in qualifying for the national team will have read the match rules, either on the web site or via the SFC magazine.

I also recently received an email saying I will be receiving the team selection criteria document in the next short while. So I will post it at the Nationals on the bulletin board, and on the web site immediately upon receipt.

If there is an identified time guideline problem, we can sort it out at the section meeting.

Something to chew on....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive