TargetShooting Canada

CBC Story - Chao top shooter at Pan Am Games

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick (74.98.147.147) on July 16, 2007 at 17:04:20:

Here's the link to the CBC website with the story. She looks almost as happy as I am.

Patrick

=================================================

Chao top shooter at Pan Am Games

Wins women's 10m air pistol competition; Canada's Sergerie rules taekwondo

Avianna Chao could hardly contain herself and that was before she was declared a gold medallist Monday at the Pan American Games.

Chao made it three first-place finishes for Canada in Rio de Janeiro when she topped the field in the women's 10-metre air pistol competition with a score of 468.9.

"This is so very exciting my heart was jumping out of my body," said the Toronto shooter. "I tried to stay calm with some deep breathing and just tried to shoot the best that I could."

Luisa Maida of El Salvador was second with 467.9 points while Kirenia Bello Trujillo of Cuba took the bronze (467.5).

Dorothy Ludwig of Langley, B.C., placed fourth with 467.3.

Karine Sergerie, from Ste-Catherine, Que., also captured taekwondo gold Monday in the 67-kilogram class.

Cyclist Anne Samplonius and mountain biker Catherine Pendrel have also won gold for Canada, which has 13 medals so far in Brazil.

With files from the Canadian Press

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive