TargetShooting Canada

young pistol shooter classification

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gordon (70.82.141.132) on June 18, 2007 at 18:45:23:

Hi folks,

I have some questions about young pistol shooters which I ask with regards to my son John who is turning twelve. I have taught him to shoot rifle, both off a rest, and then off his elbows on the pistol table at my club. He will soon be learning prone with air rifle at cadets. However, he goes with me to most of my pistol meets, and it would be very practical if his competitive spirit took the pistol turn as well, because then we would be shooting on the same schedule.

So to the point:

1. What is the age range of what we call "juniors" ?

2. What are "sub-juniors" ?

3. What would be the lightest pistol with the smallest grip, suitable for one-handed shooting by someone who does not yet have an adult shoulder or hand?

4. Some people say that teaching him to shoot two handed would be an error, ruining him for the one handed sport. But if he is more comfortable, and if he is shooting a year or two earlier, is that not a benefit?

Best Regards,

Gordon

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive