TargetShooting Canada

flying anywhere? please read email sent today to Air Canada

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gmsych (167.92.122.10) on May 18, 2007 at 18:27:50:

To whom it may concern,

During my transfer in Tokyo to Bangkok on May4 my checked luggage was pulled and I was informed by Mr. Tsuchimori, Air Canada representative, that I would not be making my connection due to the fact that AC partner, ANA, was not provided with the information about the firearm traveling with me to Bangkok.

Despite the $50 fee I paid for firearms, and despite my arrival at the gate in Tokyo at 1hr20min prior to the flight time, Mr. Tsuchimori informed me that he was not able to arrange for the firearms to be let on the ANA flight to Bangkok.

I was re-booked for the flight for the next day and asked to come back in 16 hours. I felt that having to argue with AC rep, that under those circumstances, overnight accommodations should be provided by AC, was at least inappropriate and an example of poor service, when comparing to other airlines. As a note, the hotel was eventually paid for, but with no breakfast.

I believe that as a result of this travel delay, and my missing of pre-event training on May5, Air Canada is responsible for my missed opportunity to qualify for the 2008 Olympic Games. Although there is no financial value you can assign to a damage AC had caused to my performance at this competition, I expect a refund for the $50 I was forced to pay for taking the sporting equipment in the form of a rifle on my trip, as the service implied by this fee was simply not delivered.

Please note that regardless of the outcome of this email, I will be announcing this, and my past travel experiences with your company, to the target shooting community in Canada and outside of it. I will also be going out of my ways to ensure that my future travel plans with and without firearms do not include AC. Also, as you may be aware, you are currently the only airline in the World being subsidized by National and Olympic level athletes through the "firearms handling" fees.

Gregory Sych

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive