TargetShooting Canada

Re: 17 year old son

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard H. (74.114.129.25) on May 15, 2007 at 10:16:53:

In Reply to: 17 year old son posted by Jay on May 12, 2007 at 09:44:07:

I agree with Patrick, If he is truely interested in the sport and shows some interest in the sport, then most people will bend over backwards to assist you. If it is " I just want to go out and blast away at something " then I doubt you'll find any takers in this area. Most clubs are involved in the shooting sports as opposed to just shooting away, this just follows along the lines that guns aren't toys so no clubs that I know treat them that way.

The closest range that has rentals and just lets you go blast away that I know of is West Edmonton Mall.

If truly interested in getting involved in sport shooting it's not that hard.

The first things are to find a club you like that caters to the discipline that you want to shoot, International Style target pistol or rifle, NRA bullesye pistol, Full bore Rifle, Ipsc, IDPA, PPC or cowboy action just to name a few.

Then get take the safety course ang get a PAL which allows you to purchase or posess the class of fire arm your interested in.

Its a great sport for family participation.

I hope this doesn't discourage you it just meant for Information purposes, if you are truly interested there's lots of people here that can point you in the right direction.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive