TargetShooting Canada

Re: air pump

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KeithS (69.11.82.195) on April 24, 2007 at 15:08:25:

In Reply to: air pump posted by Michael on April 20, 2007 at 00:27:32:

There are a number of different pumps available for manually filling your air cylinders. The bleed valve is used to bleed off the pressure in the multi-valve system of the pump. Some people use it on a regular basis, some don't.
As for dry air....likely not. Commercial high pressure fill stations usually have a couple of methods in place to remove (as much as possible) condensation from the air. Add-on filters can be purchased, but are generally limited in what they can do. They definitely do not remove all the moisture from the air.
The best thing to do is to keep your manual pump clean. It is amazing how much crud builds up in the pump over time. Here, our junior program uses manual pumps. We clean and service them on a yearly basis. The first time we serviced them, there was a LOT of crud found in the base of the pump.
If you are concerned about moisture buildup in your air cylinders, there is a simple way to once in a while "fast clear" the cylinder.
Fill the cylinder about half full...then fast-discharge it, with the cylinder pointing down in a safe manner. If you see water marks on the floor, repeat this process a couple of times until you do not see any water on the floor.
While some people may dispute this method, for those who do not have the required equipment to perform this at a "shop", it works fine.
You may have to have a fast-discharge adapter made up....which is not really a problem. Go to a supplier of high-pressure air fittings. Take your filling adapter, your cylinder and explain what you want to do. They will fix up an adapter system to perform this function.
I would recommend you do this yearly....and maybe twice yearly if you use your pistol a lot.

K Stieb - Captain PA Fire Department

: How do you use this contraption?

: How does one properly fill an air cylinder with this pump?

: What is the knurled knob, that is located below the nanometer for?

: Is there any special maintenance for this pump?

: How can I be sure I am getting dehumidified air into my cylinders?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive