TargetShooting Canada

Re: Lock time? and pellet weight...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CraigE (72.92.31.168) on April 07, 2007 at 10:47:24:

In Reply to: Lock time? and pellet weight... posted by Ed willson on April 06, 2007 at 21:47:17:

Others may suggest differently, but I would suggest you stay with the CPL as you are getting better results in the "normal" way to shoot. Also, for sighting in...one method that seems to help is to move closer to target until shots fall in black and display a recognizable grouping. Estimate the center of the group and adjust sights accordingly. Then move back a bit and try same thing again. This is a great sport! Enjoy the process. The IZH 46M will take you a long way.
FWIW, CraigE

I have an IZH-46M, been using it for a couple weeks.
: I'm trying to sight it in. Rested it is most accurate with Kodiaks, compared to Crosman Premiere lights. But when I shoot without a rest I am somewhat more accurate with the CPLs. Is this "lock time"?. So should I learn to use the pellet that has proven more accurate, or the one that is more accurate when I actually shoot. Keep in mind these are he two pellets I have in great supply, and I am completely new to the sport.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive