TargetShooting Canada

Re: proper method for adjusting a two stage trigger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark B. (208.114.165.5) on March 29, 2007 at 17:26:25:

In Reply to: proper method for adjusting a two stage trigger posted by Ed willson on March 25, 2007 at 14:39:03:

Wish I could help out but the AirArms 400 is not a pistol with which I'm at all familiar. For most competition air pistols the trigger adjustments allow for the 1st and 2nd stage weights to be adjusted independantly, and many allow for adjustment of 1st stage travel and 2nd stage over-travel (how much the trigger moves rearward after the hammer falls). With one of these pistols you would normally adjust the first stage weight to be somewhere between 250 & perhaps 450 grams, while the 2nd stage weight would be from perhaps 270 grams to 70 grams, such that total draw weight would be something in excess of 500 grams (mine run between 520 & 530 grams). First stage travel and second stage over-travel are adjusted for personal taste.

: I cannot find a methodology anywhere on how to adjust a two stage trigger. I figured you guys would probably know. I have three screws:
: A = weight of pull, clockwise increases weight
: B = first stage adjuster, clockwise reduces first stage travel
: C = second stage adjuster, no mention of what direction does what

: The reason I'm asking is that the trigger flops front to back when cocked, I don't feel any take-up in the first stage, and the gun fires before the trigger is fully pulled. I'm getting frustrated, and any help would be appriciated.

: The gun in question is an AirArms 400.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive