TargetShooting Canada

Re: Starting a Range

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tommyg (216.183.132.73) on March 18, 2007 at 22:31:44:

In Reply to: Starting a Range posted by Andrew Keim on March 18, 2007 at 19:45:04:

: I have a question for anyone with info out there who can lend a hand.
: I have recently taken the role of VP-Iqaluit shooting Association.
: This was an active group up until about 8 years ago when the city took the range because it needed a gravel quarry. We are now in the process of getting the city to allot us spoace for a new range.
: Thus we need all the hlp we can get to avoid the pitfalls. Note this is an outdoor range .. But we hope to have lanes for both restricted and non restricted firearms.

: Any advice would be greatly appreciated, escpecially, on insurance, membership requirements and range certification and inspections..

WHo owned the quarry in the first place....was it city property that you used ...or was the property expropriated...

Answers to these questions can deterime who pays... Its too bad no action was taken when the use of the range was lost in the first place.. It would be easier to deal with now...

However to bulid a new range you wil have to comply with the regualtions in C68 and as interpreted by the CFO for you area. You must have plans drawn up, and approved before construction can begin.

I really feel for you on this I was Secretary tresurer of our club when we had to make reparations to stay a certified range. the regs for new ranges are really hideous.. Good Luck

tg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive