TargetShooting Canada

Re: Where can I get a variety of 22 LR ammo???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David in Ottawa (72.139.48.228) on December 18, 2006 at 17:39:57:

In Reply to: Re: Where can I get a variety of 22 LR ammo??? posted by Mark B. on December 18, 2006 at 16:21:49:

Thanks to everone for the advice. Looks like I'll be placing some sort of order with International Imports.

Mark... COME BACK TO THE R.A. (damn you :-)

So... My MG2 was bursting cases (bulging and actually bursting) and Jocelyn was fantastic in getting me the new barrel/slide/extractor replacement in for me in no time! This new barrel/extractor has fixed the burst case problem.

But I was still getting major jams on extraction.. I began to suspect that the problem might be the Rinke grip.. I thought maybe the casing is hitting the side of the grip on extraction. Steve Kelly suggested I put some sight black, or talc on the grip to see if cases are hitting it..

Turns out I didn't need to. The cases were digging a hole into the side of my grip!!!!

Looking at pictures of the factory grip, the top side of the grip (where the ejection port is) slopes down in a straight line from near the rear sight. The Rinke grip doesn't do this.. it goes a centimeter or so straight towards the barrel, and then sweeps down. So I think the odd casing was hitting the wood, and flipping back into the action... VERY NASTY!!!! I was getting the most bizarre case jams.

So... out came the dremel on the weekend. I shaved off part of the grip to look more like the factory grip, and I'll try it out after the MTFPL match this wednesday (If I get the chance). To be clear.. I haven't confirmed that this fix will work, but I'm confident I've found the problem.

I think your idea of hooking up with International Imports at the CAGP is a great idea.. I'll do that. I'm a little less worried about it now, after confirming that casings were hitting the grip.. at least that makes sense. I couldn't see the MG2 being *that* finicky about ammo!!!

On an interesting note... On Saturday I found that the MG2 seems a little partial to Remington Subsonic (*cringe* :-) .. Cheap, but DIRTY!!!

I thought she was a more refined weapon than that!!! :-)

Cheers, and thanks again!!

David

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive