TargetShooting Canada

Re: MG2

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark B. (208.114.165.21) on November 22, 2006 at 13:48:03:

In Reply to: Re: MG2 posted by Mike T. on November 22, 2006 at 01:23:50:

Mike wrote...
: I recently purchased some Lapua Standard Club, which is purported to be the same as the Super Club except for the packaging.:

Mike - don't believe what you've been told about Standard Club. If it's the same as the Standard Club which I have, it comes packed 500 rounds to a tin. It is NOTHING like Super Club. The Standard Club stuff is VERY greasy on the outside. And it's also very mild ammo. Super Club is quite hot ammo and produces unacceptable recoil characteristics for me in the MG-2. From a recoil standpoint I find Standard Club even milder than RWS Super250.

The only problem with using Standard Club in the MG-2 is all that grease starts to build up on the gun if you're operating in a warm climate and may cause a jam as a result of the cartridge getting hung up on the carrier. This happened to me and I discovered the aft end of the carrier was built up with goop and wouldn't allow the cartridge to travel far enough aft on the carrier. A quick scrape with the dental pick fixed it, but still, it's something to be aware of. I also tested Standard Club in the CM84 free pistol from a machine rest. It's definitely good stuff (22mm group, 10 shots, 50m).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Post Your Followup Message
Name:
Email:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Targetshooting Canada Discussion Board ] [ FAQ ]

TargetShooting Canada - Copyright 2001: Patrick Haynes
www.TargetShooting.ca

Home

Scripts and WWWBoard created by Matt Wright and can be found at Matt's Script Archive